Candle Care & Safety
TRIM YOUR WICK TO 1/4 OF AN INCH EVERY TIME.
Trim your wick after every four hours of burn time. You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors. let the candle cool to room temperature, and then trim the wick to 1/4 of an inch. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
We recommend trimming your wick before every lighting this will avoid mushrooming which can result in unnecessary soot. This also controls the size of the flame allowing you to get the most time out of your candle.
DON'T BURN YOUR SOY CANDLE FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS IN ONE SITTING.
If you burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, carbon will collect on the wick, and your wick will begin to "mushroom." This can cause the wick to become unstable, the flame to get too large, your candle to smoke, and soot to be released into the air and around your candle container
KEEP AWAY FROM WINDY SPACES
Do your best to keep your burning candle away from fans, air conditioners, open windows, or heavily trafficked areas where people walk a lot. Moving air can disturb your candle’s flame, leading to more black marks on the glass.
REMEMBER SAFETY WHEN YOU’RE BURNING CANDLES.
Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, put them on coasters, not directly on your table’s surface. and NEVER leave it unattended while lit.
Make sure children and pets cannot reach burning candles.
Do not place lit candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets and anyone else.
NEVER burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper and flammable decorations. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from flame.
Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
NEVER use a candle as a night light or while falling asleep.
HOW TO EXTINGUISH A CANDLE
Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into the melted wax, It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
DON’T BURN ALL THE WAY DOWN
A candle’s glass can get incredibly hot on the bottom as the flame nears the base of the jar and most of the wax has been consumed. By getting rid of your candle at the 1/2″ mark, the glass won’t get too hot while burning.
This helps prevent possible heat damage to the counter, the surface it sits on, or candle container.